Wednesday, March 18, 2009

yet another waste of a doctor's visit


After raising heck with the staff yesterday and demanding answers (and repayment of that ER visit), the ped's office called me this morning to tell me that she did actually have fluid on her brain, but that it was in the "range of normal". Then I was transferred from a nurse to somebody in charge (I need to write down these people's names and positions!) and she tried to explain the situation to me. She then said that it would be different if she was screaming like she was in pain, and I told her that that was exactly what she was doing. She is inconsolable most days. She asked if:

- she cried through her feedings (check)
- she cried like she was in pain (check)
- normal ways to relieve colic don't work (check)
- she bats her eyes from side to side (check)

...and several others I can't remember. After answering yes to all of them but one, she said to bring her in tonight to be checked out by another doctor.

So we did, and all he said was that he believed it is STOMACH problems, and prescribed an antibiotic to get her bowels moving and relieve any pain in her abdomen.

.............

I am speechless. Chad says no more doctors, and swears she's fine. The doctors tell me she's fine during the visits, but during the phone calls, they are concerned. I am seeing red at this point. My daughter is not "fine", children who are fine do not scream at the top of their lungs like they are being stabbed with pokers and refuse to eat or sleep.

I don't know what to think.

0 comments on "yet another waste of a doctor's visit"